Friday, August 2, 2013

Sweet Dreams?

Yes, I officially have two weeks left of vacation, but my mind has already begun to drift back to the endless mental "To Do Lists" that I neatly tucked away in my school brain back in June.  At the end of each summer, I never realize that I am thinking about school, but my dreams tell a different story.  My sweet dreams become teacher nightmares.  In the past, I have had dreams about chaos in my classroom -- especially children not coming out from under tables or someone running across the tops of tables.  Countless dreams have involved waking up at 9:37 on a school morning, forgetting to go to school, or losing track of 22 kids.  I have already had the dream where I take the day off, forget to call in a sub, and then spend the rest of the dream convincing myself that nobody will ever notice that I'm not there.  All of the dreams have the same effect.  I wake up with a jolt and immediately ask myself, "Did this really happen?...COULD this really happen?"  In my sleepy state, I usually decide that I need to stay awake making a plan of action, just in case.  I then decide to add the intricate details to my mental "To Do List."  The same list that includes an entry that reminds me to ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE SUMMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment